These two... where do we even start? What an amazing privilege it was to photograph this wedding. Chris and Tara are hands down the sweetest, most down-to-earth couple we've ever met. As photographers, we are constantly striving to find those intimate, fleeting moments that happen on a wedding day. Well, we didn't have to search very hard to find them here. These two, and their families, made our jobs WAY to easy.
From a killer location (Cancun, Mexico) to a even more killer dance party, everything about this wedding was just awesome. See for yourself...
This next sequence is so much fun!
I am pretty sure THIS was happening in the photo below...
Wedding date: September 7, 2013
Venue(s):Azul Beach Hotel
Who made this day happen...
- hair - Azul beach hotel spa
- makeup - my wonderful sister with the help of Chanel products
- florist - Azul beach hotel
- ceremony - The beach of Azul Beach hotel
- reception venue - Blue Terrace at Azul Beach hotel
- cake - Azul beach hotel
- dress - Allure from Brickhouse Bridal
- bridesmaid dresses - weddingtonway
- suits/tuxedos - boys outfits were banana republic and Jcrew
What we danced to...
- down the aisle - Divine Romance by Phil Wickham
- recessional - You and Me Together by Dave Matthews
- wedding party intros - I Wont Give Up by Jason Mraz, Beautiful by Phil Wickham and Beautiful Things by Gungor
- first dance - Garden by Needtobreathe
- father/daughter - Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder
- mother/son - My wish by Rascal Flatts
From Chris & Tara...
Why a destination wedding?
We wanted to do something different that everyone could enjoy. I have always wanted to get married outside so why not have it on a beautiful beach in Mexico. We also wanted something small and intimate with close friends and family. We ended up having 75 people come vacation with us and celebrate our wonderful wedding.
Best moments of the day:
Tara: The intimate, joyful, and emotional ceremony, the fun dance party at the reception!
Chris: Having my best friends together for the first time in over a year.
Sweetest memory of the day...
Tara: Seeing Chris's face when I walked down the aisle.
Chris: Seeing my beautiful bride walk towards me
Funniest memory of the day...
Tara: Seeing my 9 month year old niece dance inside of the baby bajorn that my brother in law was wearing. She was a trooper.
Chris: When my niece, Olivia, just dumped the flowers at the end of the aisle. She did her duties as Flowergirl.
Advice for future brides...
Tara: Do a destinations wedding! It is less stressful and sometimes even less expensive. It was the best week of my life. Traveling and vacationing with a HUGE group of people that love you is unbelievable.
Chris: What ever happens, you're still going to be married at the end of the day.
Advice for future grooms...
Chris: Have some input, but not too much. Find the happy medium.
Thanks goes out to...
Tara: All our friends and family who traveled all the way to MEXICO to make it such a memorable wedding experience.
Chris: To our talented photographers that never put down their cameras and captured every detail ! :)
Chris & Tara, thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU!!! We love you both so much and are so thankful that you gave us the opportunity to be your photographers. YOU GUYS ROCK!
- Jake + Katie